holly homemaker

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cooking with Whole Wheat (recipes)

Here are my wheat recipes that I use frequently (I use some of these a couple times a week!)

a. Tortilla Press (this is a standard press; put the ball of dough in it, close the lid, flatten it and then cook it on your electric griddle or frying pan on the stove. Can be purchased at Wal-Mart for pretty cheap)
5. Whole Wheat Gingersnap Cookies (keep in mind that anything made of whole wheat is NOT going to taste like homemade chocolate chip cookies! My kids and I really like these, but my husband still thinks that if a treat is going to be made, it has to be chocolate chip cookies or the world is coming to an end...)

3 comments:

  1. Okay Holly....you know I am so intrigued by your blog!! My first question...what is a tortilla press?? When I was in Idaho my sister made homemade tortillas and I don't see myself ever going back to store bought! They were delish! But rolling them out can be kinda tedious and time consuming. So tell me about this tortilla press!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! I am so happy to get my first comment from you! :) I'll post 'tortilla press' info under the tortilla recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Holly for your tortilla recipe. We know use it exclusively. I am wanting a tortilla press though. It seems to make the process a little easier than rolling it all out. It's still a great recipe that I have passed on to many of my friends and coworkers. They are all impressed with it!

    Beth Potter
    a newbie in the ward.

    ReplyDelete