holly homemaker

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Using dry milk (powdered milk) in recipes!

These are recipes that I think work well with helping me rotate through my dry milk food storage. All I've done is substituted the ingredient of fresh milk with the equal amount of dry milk and water (the ratio of which equals the amount of milk called for in the recipe). i.e. one cup of fresh milk is equal to one cup of water and 1/3 cup of dry milk (according to my brand of dry milk - brands vary, so be sure to check the ratio on your package)

Oatmeal Waffles
Mix in a large bowl:
½ c. dry milk*
1 ½ c. flour
1 c. oats (quick or whole is ok)
1 T. baking powder
½ t. cinnamon
¼ t. salt
Mix in a small bowl:
2 eggs
1 ½ c. water*
6 T. melted butter (I always use less – like 4 T. )
2 T. brown sugar
Mix all together and pour onto waffle iron.
*this recipe originally called for 1 ½ c. milk


Pumpkin Waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment