holly homemaker

Friday, May 1, 2009

Homemade Pancake and Waffle Syrup

In an ideal world, I'd love to buy real maple syrup for my family. The sugar in it is natural so I feel that it's somewhat healthy. But, it's EXPENSIVE! Especially when compared to the cost of buying the big thing of Mrs. Butterworth's generic maple syrup at Costco!
So, this is the compromise I've come up with for my family - maybe you'll like it too.
These recipes still have sugar, but they don't contain artificial coloring or preservatives since it's homemade!

Homemade Pancake Syrup
Homemade Apple Pancake Syrup
Cinnamon Syrup 
This Buttermilk Syrup recipe was recently introduced to me by friends and family - my only question is: How come it took me this long to discover it?!?!
Buttermilk Syrup
I've never used buttermilk yet, but have just "made" it with lemon juice and milk.

2 comments:

  1. I love it!! I am definitely trying this one! I too love the REAL stuff but can never afford it so this will be great! And I won't worry about cutting the calories! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should give you a recipe for homemade plum syrup. it is SUPER yummy and so worth it. Espcially if you get free plums.

    ReplyDelete